MWW PR has won three awards at the 2012 PRSA Silver Anvil Awards, presented June 7, for “Flight Plan for the Future: JetBlue Preserves Its Direct Relationship with Pilots,” including two Silver Anvils for crisis communications and internal communications.
Additionally, MWW and JetBlue garnered the “Award of Excellence in the Reputation/Brand Management-Business Companies with Sales of more than $500 million to $10 Billion” category, as well. With their newest wins, JetBlue totals 13 awards won since its 2011 launch.
Michael W. Kempner, President and CEO of MWW showed humility and excitement at having won: “When we received the first honors for this campaign at the Bulldog Awards last year, we were thrilled. Now, a dozen additional honors later, including two Silver Anvils, we are humbled…These awards are a testament to our incredible client, JetBlue, and the phenomenal team, led by Carreen Winters. Awards and recognition are always wonderful, but client service and our employees are the two things that matter most.”
MWW and JetBlue eleven awards since 2011 include:
- 2012 PRSA-NY Big Apple Awards – Best Use of Research
- 2012 PRSA-NY Big Apple Award – Reputation and Brand Management: Business
- 2012 PRSA-NY Big Apple Awards – Crisis Communication: Business
- 2012 PRSA-NY Big Apple Awards – Issues Management: Business
- 2012 Hermes Creative Awards (GOLD) – Crisis Communication Plan
- 2012 Hermes Creative Awards (GOLD) – Employee Relations
- 2012 SABRE Award – Employee Communication
- 2012 PRSA NJ Pyramid Awards – Crisis Communication
- 2012 PRWeek Award – Employee Communications Campaign of the Year
- 2012 PRWeek Award – Crisis or Issues Management Campaign of the Year
- 2011 Bulldog Digital/Social PR Awards (GOLD) – Best Online Employee Communications
For more information about MWW Group, please visit their website via the link above, or contact them via their Twitter feed here. To learn about PRSA, and these prestigious awards, readers can visit their website or contact them via their Twitter feed as well.